Monday, May 25, 2009

SHAWN'S ROOM DESCRIBED

As you can see, we went with a very pleasant, light blue for the ceiling. The walls are a nice brownish-gray, a light to medium shade. The window shades and curtains are brown and the comforter has a mix of browns and blue. The trunks on either side of the bed are being used for storage as well as end tables and the rugs blend in niceley. Since these photos have been taken, I have added a couple of other touches--bongo drums, a candle and a vase with bamboo poles.

We have one water photo hung and framed. Eventually, we plan to frame and hang some of our other water photos. All the frames will be black and when it's done, I think it will have a very nice look to it. I intend to have Bob hang Shawn's guitar on the wall and I plan to get a keyboard and piano bench in there. We already have a dresser that Bob needs to refinish and put in there. Eventually, I plan to add a small TV/DVD player.

I'm so glad Shawn likes all the little touches we've made to his room.

I think I have been successful in my goal of creating a nice, comfortable space for Shawn to use on weekends and it will be a nice plac for company, too.

No comments: